How to Use CBD Oil: Add it to Your Smoothie
Summer is around the corner! As it starts warming up, we find ourselves starting to crave lighter, more refreshing foods to enjoy in the sun. Our team loves a good smoothie as a quick morning meal or midday snack, so we decided to put a little Fallen Pollen twist on a classic superfood smoothie recipe! Not only is this smoothie packed with nutrient-dense food, but it also includes our high-quality CBD. Try it for yourself!
Superfood CBD Smoothie Recipe:
- 1 cup packed greens (i.e., kale, chard, spinach)
- 1 medium banana
- 1 mL CBD oil from Fallen Pollen’s CBD tincture (we prefer honey, but any flavor would work!)
- 2 tablespoons hemp seeds
- ½ small avocado
- ¾ cup protein-rich plant-based milk, skim milk, soymilk, or water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
*Serving Size: 1 serving Calories: 472 Sugar: 16 g Sodium: 102 mg Fat: 28 g
Saturated Fat: 3 g Carbohydrates: 47 g Fiber: 13 g Protein: 17 g
*Please note these are rough estimates based on the smoothies we make. Depending on the specific ingredients you choose, these nutrition facts will vary.
Breakdown of Ingredients
- Leafy Greens (ex. spinach): packed with carotenoids, vitamin C, vitamin K, folic acid, iron, and calcium. These vitamins and minerals help with the body’s regulatory systems and help fight inflammation.
- Banana: adds natural sweetness and a good source of healthy carbohydrates and fiber.
- CBD: many studies have shown the potential benefits of incorporating CBD into diets. The potential benefits of CBD include improved sleep, chronic pain relief, and anxiety/depression relief.
- Hemp Seeds: good source of omega-3 and omega-6 essential fatty acids.
- Avocado: loaded with healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
- Plant-based milk (almond milk): Low in calories and sugar but high in Vitamin E
- Lemon juice: promotes hydrations and it’s a great source of vitamin C